Henry Winthrop Sargent Room
Rate: $210 per weekday night, $230 per weekend night for double occupancy.
(All rates are subject to Dutchess County and NY State sales taxes.)
This elegant room was named to honor one of the Fathers of the American landscape architecture—Henry Winthrop Sargent, who originally designed the beautiful ground surrounding the House as part of his Wodenethe Estate. A number of the trees he planted more than a century and half ago still stand beautifully in the garden.
This room has 240 square feet of interior space with 11 foot ceiling, with two large windows overlooking the stone patio and wooded area backed with the seasonal river view. Another window overlooks the garden with circulating stone walkway. In addition, this beautiful room features the following:
• Comfortable queen size bed with plush mattress and beautiful bedding;
• 31” flat screen TV/cable TV;
• Owner’s impressionistic art work and art collections;
• Wireless internet access;
• Books of various interests.
Bathroom & Personal Care
In this bathroom, the only 1821 oval leaded window in the house (the other two on the ground floor are later reproductions) has been fully restored and provides a picturesque view of two large oaks in the garden.
The room is equipped with:
• Re-glazed original bath tub and rain shower;
• Quality sets of linens;
• Quality bathrobes;
• Shampoo, shower/bath gel and facial tissues;
• Spa soap, vanity kit, and shower cap;
• Iron and sewing kit upon request.
Refreshment & Amenity
• Tea kettle;
• Complimentary variety of coffee, tea and amenity kit.